November 26, 2021
Scrap Metal Yard Process Worker/Skip Truck Driver
N/A Annual Salary
Driver licence, Forklift licence, White card
• Preform manual Labour, such as hand sorting loose materials weighting from 1kg to 40kg, Ability to perform this work proficiently and at a fast pace.
• Preform General Maintenance and upkeep of Equipment and Yard property to ensure a clean and safe work area.
• Ability to learn and operate different Hand/Power and Hydraulic tools as well as Oxy Cutting Torch.
• Ability to preform the physical demands of the job, to include prolonged standing, as well as lifting and moving heavy objects.
• Nationally Qualified in the use of Forklift Trucks (LF).
• Hold a Medium Ridged truck licence (MR).
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40kg.
• Sit or stand for extended periods of time, bend at waist, twist upper body, walk, and or move around on uneven surfaces. Climb up and down of equipment.
• The position Is regularly exposed to all weather condition. Physical hazards such as noise, fumes, dirt and grease are present due to the equipment, machinery, and scrap as would be found throughout the scrap metal yard. Safety Shoes, hearing and eye protection and respirators must be worn to eliminate the risks associated with these hazards. Travel and off-site work may be required for this position.